Friday, June 12, 2009

Building Muscle the Old Fasion Way!

So I am one of those guys that loves to watch a sporting event like any other. Whether it is American Football, Football for the rest of the world (aka American soccer), Baseball, Cycling, Hockey (good season Red Wings), Basketball whatever. But what I don't care for is the excessive amounts of money thrown at these guys for pure entertainment value. I have the same feelings towards the Motion Picture Industry, but that is for another day. Anyways, before I get too far sidetracked, the atheletes have been driven to looking for ways to make those extra gains that give them an edge from someone else. Which has of course lead to them finding 'illegal' ways to boost their performances.

We've seen it every sport I've mentioned above. Is it really necessary to look for ways to get 'juiced' as they call it with steriods and other performance enhancing drugs? Is it really necessary to risk your overall health for that extra second, that extra burst of speed, or who knows what. Is it really necessary to ruin the publics confidence in what they are paying for? Or, could we say that it is the public's fault for their thirst and desires to see our atheletes go that extra miles to make the extraordinary catch, throw, kick, ride, or shot.

Whatever it may be, I think people need to take a step back, see what is important in life and simply get back tot eh basics and you will get the gains and progress you have always wanted. It takes hard work, but in the end if you can say you did it all on your own without some stupid pill, how much sweeter would that be?

If you asked me 5 months ago if I'd be 20 pounds lighter, looking like I was back in high school and feeling energized and excited to get up each morning now, I'd say fat chance. But I took it one day at a time, utilized a workout program that fit my needs, P90x from beachbody.com, and stuck to it. I took a simplistic approach to eating by cutting down the crap I ate day in and day out, cut out the pop, cut out the chips, dips and switched to the foods that fuel your body the way it should be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment